This trap box has been developed in Cornwall by land managers for reducing grey squirrel numbers in a safe and humane manner. This trap box has a number of notable features:-
- Nest Box Design - This design allows you place a trap box in areas of woodland where there is a chance that members of the public may see them or in areas where it is simply unsafe or not possible to shoot. From the outside it looks like a regular bird nest box. The sloped roof and ‘fake’ access hole add extra believability to the look of the box.
- Spring Trap - Concealed inside is a Magnum body grip spring trap. This is an approved trap for the dispatch of squirrels and has always been proven to be both effective and humane. Once set, the box MUST be checked everyday as part of your ongoing duty of care to the animals.
- Double Hole Access - This trap box features a double access hole design. One offset in the roof and one in the centre of the second internal floor. This helps to prevent / reduce any accidental bi-catch.
- Inset Floor - Allows rain to drip off without damp ingress to the floor.
- Treated Plywood - Tanalised structural plywood.
- Stainless steel hinges & screws throughout.
You will recieve:-
1x Pre-built structural plywood box
1x Magnum body grip trap
& Full instructions
This trap has been designed to be light weight with features that make grey squirrel management easier and far more effective. We are very happy to receive feedback and have an on-going development program to improve the design of these feeders. If you you need more than 2 feeder boxs then please mail us so we can arrange suitable shipping and if you require more than 10 boxes then again contact us for a custom quote with some volume discount.
Our aim is to provide all wildlife and land managers with the best products to maximise time and efficacy whilst providing a good duty of care to the wildlife. If you have an idea for a product or you have any feedback on our products then please get in contact with us so we can make things happen!
Bird Box Squirrel Trap
We are happy to recieve returned items as long as they are sent back to us in an unused state and packed well within 2 weeks of purchase. If the item is faulty then of course we can replace the item or issue you a refund. In any instance, please just message us first so we can get everything sorted out for you as quickly as possible. We are here to help.
For orders of more than 3-4 feeders, please contact us before placing your order so that we can find the best shipping option for you based the size and weight of the order. We offer shipping with and without insurance. Please select the shipping method you need when you view your cart.